Sunday 2 January 2011

My battle with rhinovirus

I started getting excited about Christmas in about October. I guess I jinxed my Christmas right there and then. I was pretty much perfectly healthy throughout the stretch between October and the 22nd of December, when a rhinovirus entered my nose when I wasn't looking.
Yes, I am on my skis indoors. Skiing outside is hard.

Instead of bringing peace and joy to Boyfriend's parents, with whom we stayed for the entire Christmas period, I brought nasal congestion and mucuous. Luckily no-one else caught the bug there since they politely declined from accepting my gift (the opportunity to further strengthen their immune systems by suffering through my cold themselves). Some people.

My cold began and progressed through Christmas in such a way that I didn't taste any of my Christmas dinner (boo) but I wasn't so tempted to stuff myself with Christmas goodies (yay). I bet you're interested, so I drew a picture:
You're welcome. And if you said "eww" or similar to 24-25.12, don't pretend you've never stuffed kleenex up both nostrils. I know I'm not the only one. Between 26.12-31.12 I had a cough that was reminiscent of a goose or a chainsmoker. Or both. Now I'm feeling a bit better, but boyfriend started feeling a bit ill yesterday (as depicted by the swirly line which is to be interpreted as indecisive as to whether or not you're coming down with something).

I've moved house and set up my business in a corner of the living room. This includes having a new computer, with a large screen. It was really hard to draw the cartoons this time because I'm used to using a mini laptop with my tablet, and now there's IMMENSE amounts of space. That's why there aren't more than two cartoons today.

Having set up my business in my corner of the living room, I have a shiny website too. You can visit it at www.kaannostehdas.fi if you speak Finnish. You can visit it if you don't speak Finnish, too, but you'll have to settle for admiring the graphics, which are under construction. I'll get around to translating it into English when my website guy (Leonard, whose name is Ari) gets back from Canada.

In the meantime, I hope that you were able to taste your Christmas dinner and that you have a happy 2011 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment